Friday, August 29, 2008

Airplanes and Shoes!


I wanted to write down a few things that I think are really great about my kids.  Lincoln is totally into making paper airplanes.  At first we thought it was just a passing phase, but since we're going on a year and a half, a quarter of his life, we think this one might actually stick.  Josh and I were talking the other night and laughing, that he has this room full of toys and he would be happier with a room full of paper.Grandma is sending packages all of the time which the kids love, always very exciting.  She sends these little glow sticks a lot.  Lincoln loves them, he spends hours playing camp out with Oliver in their closet.  It's very cute!  These glow sticks also function as light sabers, poison, and a whole host of other very creative things.  It just makes me think we really need to cut back on spending money on all these toys, because he rarely plays with anything that costs more than a dollar.  

Oliver loves shoes!  He's constantly trying on other peoples shoes and wearing them all around the house.  It amazes how well he can walk and even run all around in these shoes that are 10 times his size.  he thinks that if he has shoes on he'll automatically be allowed to go outside, and he loves being outside, he would live outdoors if he could.  So he puts on whatever shoes he can find and starts saying "side, side"

He also loves reading.  He's constantly bringing me the same books over and over again, which I know is completely normal, but as a mom it gets a bit repetitive.  I'm grateful that the library has huge bins full of new board books, so every couple of weeks we can switch it around a bit.  His favorite right now is this horrible book called "Happy Bears Christmas"  he loves it.  You have know idea how impossible it is to say know to his sweet little request, " Happy Bear, read"  in what can only be described as a very thick Boston accent attached to the Bear portion of the sentence.  I melt every time, and have thus read this awful book more times than I can count.

I love my guys!

3 comments:

Josh said...

I think it sounds more like 'Happy Beer."

Staci said...

Your boys are so cute.

Amber said...

Those pictures of your boys are so adoreable! They are so stinkin cute! Isn't it funny how the simplist things are what seem to make kids the happiest!!