Sunday, February 11, 2007

Lincoln on a Sunday morning

Well it's been a crazy couple of weeks at our house. Linc picked up a cold from a friend last week, and then a nasty cough and fever this week. Needless to say he's been through a lot, and you can tell by this picture. The whining and tantrums have reached an incredible peak over the last few weeks and I can only hope their heading back down again. He's such a great kid and it's hard when he behaves so out of character. So many times I just feel at a loss as to what to do. He's even started to be really anti-social around other kids, which is so weird for him. He's got such a big heart and he wears it on his sleeve sometimes and really worries about getting his feelings hurt. He watches shows right now and if there is a sad part he turns to me and says that his eyes are a little watery, but it's O.K. to cry. If I acknowledge that, sometimes he'll just start to wail. He's just so tender, it's one of those things I wish he'd always have with him, I just worry that school will toughen it right out of him. I keep reminding myself that kids are constantly going through phases and these hard ones will pass away just like the cute things, all to quickly.

He still obsesses over his cars and monster trucks, but can easily be talked into reading books and any type of arts and crafts. He's so smart and I know that every parent thinks that about their children so just bear with me. He's writing his name now and working on the other letters in the alphabet, he just loves drawing things. He's growing up way to fast, I feel like if a blink I'll miss it all. When I brought Oliver home from the hospital it was amazing to me how big Linc seemed, like over night he became this little boy. I guess I understand more completely now how your children will always be your babies no matter how big they get. He is finally getting over his sicknesses though, we went to the doctor and started him on some medicine a few days ago, which he say's is the best tasting medicine ever! Everyone loves the pink stuff, right? Anyway we've been enjoying the beautiful Reno weather, it's been in the 60's here a few days last week. We've been outside playing baseball of course, and lost many a ball over the neighbors fence. Lincoln has amazing batting skills for a three year old, he really amazes me. We also had a fun visit from Aunt Devery which Lincoln thought was great. He loves having company, anyone around to entertain. Devery came out to see the new babe and also just to relax a bit from her hectic life at home, although I have know idea how being in our crazy house for the weekend could have been relaxing. She assured us at the end of her visit though that she had a wonderful time, she was probably just being polite, but we really loved having her here.




Click on the picture below to see more (lots!) pictures.

No comments: