Saturday, December 23, 2006

Mom's visit

























So up until now Josh has been in charge of the blog. I was inspired by several other blogs that my friends and family have set up, and was jealous at how easy it seemed to keep people updated on your life. Living so far away from family and friends made it seem like a must for me. So here goes.
My mom came out to be here for the Olivers birth. We had to kill some time before he made his presence, so she helped oout with many things including decorating our very first real Christmas Tree. I consider her an expert at putting lights on a tree, although our sparse Reno pines posed a bit of a challenge for her. As you can see though the tree turned out to be beautiful, and Linc had a blast putting on all of the ordaments, especially the star on the top. It was great having her here, although the sleepless nights, and craziness of having a newborn seemed to wear on her, and I'm sure she's enjoying being back home. Lincoln loved having her here, it really helped to have someone to devote time to just him, during this huge change. Plus our fridge still remains stock piled full of food, I think she spent the majority of her trip in our kitchen. We're still trying to eat all the left overs.

No comments: