Monday, February 2, 2009

The many wonders of Mentos


So we've been living here in upstate New York for over a year now, and have figured out that winters here are long and cold.  I love the snow, so that part is great, the freezing temperatures that make it impossible to do anything outside for weeks at a time, I could do without.  Needless to say we've had to get a little creative in keeping ourselves entertained during hibernation.  Here are some photos of our latest project, which in my opinion everyone needs to try sometime.  We had a riot!  Our snow now looks a bit brown in the back yard, but it was well worth it.  Josh and I love watching a show called Myth Busters, anyway that's where we got the idea, not that most people haven't heard about the reaction between Diet Coke and mint Mentos, but now because of Myth Busters, we know the reason behind the reaction. Thus, had to try it out for ourselves. 
Great Fun!
Ratio:(just in case anyone else has the hankering to try it out) 2 Liter Diet Coke: 5 mentos 



2 comments:

Schroeder's in a NUT SHELL! said...

that is so hilarious! I've heard about the mentos and diet coke before, never have seen anyone do it...thanks for the pictures...Lincoln looks like he is having the time of his life..love his expressions!!! What a fun mom and dad...your boys will remember this day

Reno 411 said...

So awesome. I have always wanted to do that.